My Favourite Decor Books

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Ceramics

I've always loved pottery, having found this hobby in my late teens and spending two nights a week for two years, wedging, throwing and glazing my creations.  


Even in winter, when the clay was wet and cold and the studio freezing, I went along and learned the art of shaping mounds of clay into useful objects.  I used to take home crooked teapots, wonky cups and dodgy plates, but I loved it.  I did eventually learn to throw cups that were completely round and plates that weren't buckled, but of course, today, wonky ware and organic shapes seem to be 'in fashion'...

There's something about getting your hands into clay...

So when I came across these lovely pieces, I had to share them with you...


Such exquisite shapes and colours

love these organic shapes



kirstie van noort
Kirstievannoord.nl

cutlery in porcelain




Rainbow of colour
(source unknown)




vessel

look at these beautiful tags with inspiring inscriptions....

Beautiful ceramic labels


Wall art
ceramics
element clay studio.com (etsy)





Ceramics


I've added the links as the products are worthy of a closer look.

And nothing completes a post without
flowers
.
pinterest


Whatever you are doing,
 may you be inspired today!

Sharon
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Fantastico unos trabajos preciosos. Besss. Manoli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sharon, and welcome to Casa de Retalhos.

    What a great post. I admire a lot who can do such beautiful things out of clay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwww Sharon...like your post today....love from me...xxx...Ria...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message