My Favourite Decor Books

Friday 30 March 2012

Bedroom inspiration

Sun, glorious sun - love it!


Thank you for your lovely comments and welcome to new followers!

Not sure about you, but I've had a busy week.

Bedroom decor always appeals to me.  I love opening a door and being surprised by the unexpected - a tiny vintage bedroom with a wrought iron bed,  a fluffy down filled duvet and lots of squashy cushions, a hand knitted or crocheted throw or a grown up boudoir fit for a princess, with ornate mirrors and a luxuriously draped canopy.


Our bedrooms are the last room we go to each night, the place we reflect and think about our day and lay our head to hopefully enjoy a good night's rest.  In my opinion, this has to be one of the most important rooms in any home.

We all have our own idea of what a perfect bedroom should look like, but let's be honest, 
some things, you just can't skimp on ...

***

Bedroom essentials:  A good duvet and good quality pillows that can be fluffed and plumped up to retain their shape.

Good quality cotton or linen bed linen.

Some layering in the form of a faux fur or a luxurious eiderdown or pure wool knit cabled throw or a vintage hand made quilt.

Cushions for plumping and getting cozy on a wet drizzly afternoon.

Good lighting for reading that great novel just before you fall asleep - bedside lamps are far cozier than a central pendant light.

A bedside table of some sort - be creative, this can be an shabby chic chair or a designer piece.

If the walls are painted, make sure the colour is serene and not going to keep you up all night.

Wallpaper is another way of changing a small room and creating a focal point.

Curtaining/blinds to keep out the early morning sunrise and insulate in the winter months.

Tactile flooring.

***

A little bedroom inspiration...





























































Have a great weekend everyone!

Sharon
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    I agree, a bedroom should be very comfy and a delight to the eye. It's not easy to achieve, I have been wrestling with this for over three years. Did you read my post from Wednesday? I need help with the a closet that covers a whole wall, I mentioned it there, it's over four meters wide, and not deep enough to be a walk in, very frustrating. We have been trying to figure out what to do, I hope to do something this summer with it.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs, Cindy
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon,
    I also had a very busy week.
    I agree, a bedroom is the most important rooms . Great inspirational picture .
    Have a good day !
    Kasia

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message