My Favourite Decor Books

Friday 16 March 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I know that I don't have to receive gifts from my children in order to feel loved.  And I know my own mother feels the same. 

And I think this year Mother's day might be slightly forgotten about in my family......it's also my son's birthday...



But it's always nice to receive a gift, no matter how small....





it's always the thought that counts.









Perhaps you will get breakfast in bed, and a single flower in a vase or a pretty glass



or a special afternoon tea







 or even a special little hand made porcelain pebble to keep in your pocket or your purse





















This one is going to my mum who lives far away...



I'm still trying to paint - blue bowl with plums and lemon - not finished.
Acrylic on 8x8inch canvas


(all images pinterest except the ones Love you Mum)




Happy Mother's Day for Sunday!

Sharon
xxx

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you Sharon that a gift does not have to be big and expensive, but given from the heart .
    Wow! your picture has beautiful colors, you have to show how you finish .
    Happy Mother's Day too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post Sharon.
    Super painting, I'd love to see it when its done too.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend,
    All best,
    Essie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preciosas fotografias y pinturas.
      Besss. Manoli

      Delete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you, dear Sharon. I love that you guys say "Mum", that's what many Canadians say, also. We have been greatly influenced by Great Britain.
    You own painting looks lovely! I should try my hand at it, I think I could paint if I knew the rudiments of how to.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your painting!
    And I think you should go out and buy yourself a great big buch of flowers and a big piece of cake in a cafe and sit down and read your favorite magazine for next mothers day! Or why not today if you're free? :)
    Btw, the flower pictures are so pretty!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message