My Favourite Decor Books

Thursday 19 April 2012

Flowers for the birthday girl

It's always nice to see new followers, so thank you for stopping by.

Down south we've had some welcome rain.  I know most people don't like the rain - it's wet and everywhere is full of dripping umbrellas and muddy wellies...but
I love the rain, it washes all the dust away, it refreshes the plants and the trees and leaves everything sparkling clean.









I've had a busy few weeks, full of family birthdays and lots of cake making...can you have too much cake?  



And I've been busy...




































with stripping the old paint off these chairs and painting them with Annie Sloan Pure White Chalk paint...












So a piece of cake is very welcome in between coats...











(all photos by me)

So back to painting for now and a generous slice of cake.

Enjoy the weekend
Sharon
xxx





9 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    Beautiful pictures, especially with flowers in bottles.
    I wish you all the best to you and your family.
    Have a good weekend !
    Kasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos Sharon :-) I was just thinking how nice the rain is - I am ready to get all cosy for winter now. The cake and all the flowers are so pretty. Have a great weekend hon. Becks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers, beautiful cake and such gorgeous styling! I'm about to strip and paint four almost identical chairs with Annie Sloan paint, so it's nice (and encouraging) to see how lovely yours turned out. Great to have found you - and look forward to seeing more. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sharon,
    You certainly have been busy, beautiful cake and flowers - you can't have enough of either in my book!
    Your chair looks great, it's such a easy paint to work with I find. I've spent today painting two pieces for a restock tomorrow. It dries very quickly and these longer days mean it's easier to get things done!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend
    Essie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such nice photos, dear Sharon, so nice to see something personal to you. Enjoy your cake!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olá, Sharon.
    Adoro agrupar vasinhos com flores, fica tão lindo!
    Beijos, querida e ótimo final de semana.
    Sílvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,
      I am writing here as there is no comment box for me :)
      You can never ever have too much cake...i love the pastel candles on your cake and love,love the bottles with flowers on the silver tray,how beautiful?
      Wow your chair looks fabulous painted white,i need to get myself some Annie Sloan paint one of these weekends when we are not building Shingle Cottage.
      Thank you for your kind comment too! love to you x

      Delete
  7. Good morning Sharon!

    Finally, we are welcoming the rain as well. The plants needed, we needed.

    Who is the birthday girl, is that you? The cake looks yummy, and the flowers are so pretty.

    I have a few painting projects, too. As soon as the rain stops I'm going to start them.

    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your lovely comments - no it wasn't my birthday but my daughter's birthday...we've had rain all weekend but now it has stopped for a while! Take care Sharon.x

      Delete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message