My Favourite Decor Books

Monday 15 October 2012

Autumnal tones in Interiors

Hi everyone, and welcome to new followers, thanks for joining me as we explore interiors and everything else along the way!

A few posts ago, I promised interiors of a more warmer nature, to complement Autumn and the colours we see in nature.  For me, colder months mean I need to bring in more warmth inside, which again for me means COLOUR, but especially warm colours like mustard, red, orange, a touch of acid yellow, deep chocolatey browns, deep greys and even some turquoise blue for a hint of contrast!






(image 1 and 2 from Pinterest)


Ikat cushion from Urbanara.co.uk here




(image from Pinterest)


Despite the white walls and very little colour, this space has a warm feeling, the textures of the rugs, throws and cushions with a little green from nature make this space cosy.







(images from Lonnymag)


This is one of my all time favourite table scapes!  It's a tad 70s, but I like that - I love the painting, the colours, the zingy yellow and the fruit in the bowl that echoes the fruit in the painting!  And the solid dark chest really balances the whole look.
(image Pinterest here)


Lots of warmth here with the red wall, complimented with the green ferns and a jar of acid yellow to draw your attention to the table.  A great colour if you want to be stimulated all the time!








Love this fabric from Alewivesfabric.com here









Until next time....
Sharon
xxx

6 comments:

  1. There is a lot to like here! I love that little bowl with the flowered rim, and the red room with the green bowls has such zing. We've been busy giving our sun room a new look for winter, might just borrow some ideas from here .... Minerva x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your great colourful images! I need warm colours as Winter approaches. We have long cold winters, and although I LOVE the pale interiors with little colour, I need the colour.
    Great post. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sharon!
    I just found your blog and it is a lovely one!
    I love the name of your blog, bluebells and lavender are flowers that I have only seen in England, too hot in Georgia, I guess!
    My name is Kay, but I am really Sharon Kay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, adorei o primeiro ambiente e também os detalhes amarelos, ando apaixonada por esta cor na decoração.
    Bjos e ótimo final de semana.
    Sílvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, voltei porque esqueci de dizer que deixei um selo para você lá no blog, veja no link.
    http://arquiteturadoimovelarq.blogspot.com.br/2012/10/quero-dividir-com-voce-aceita.html
    Bjos, amiga querida.
    Sílvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon ... I so love that yellow ikat cushion and I really love that Louis chair in the blue with the yellow curtains! Stunning! Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
    best wishes
    Frances

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message