My Favourite Decor Books

Thursday 4 October 2012

English Decoration

Hello and welcome to new followers...and thank you for all your lovely comments.



One can never tell what the weather will be like in October.  Yesterday was cold and grey.
Today...well when I woke up this morning and saw the sun and the blue skies I knew I had to go for a cycle along the beachfront.  The air was crisp, but the ocean sparkled with a million tiny lights glistening in the sun.   There was hardly anyone about, a lone jogger and a few dog walkers.  I love days like this.




But today I'm blogging about more important things...things that make my heart race other than cycling...

I have a new LOVE


It's a beautiful coffee table interior book by Ben Pentreath called ENGLISH DECORATION. 

Ben is an architect and interior designer of note and a blogger here


Ben talks about the quintessentially English Interiors that we love so much and others have so much difficulty emulating...

English style is a combination of antique and new furniture, florals and stripes, modern accessories and antique objet d'art. It's a very fine balance.   One that Ben does superbly.

It's the kind of book that makes you wish you hadn't sold all your antique oak chests of drawers and dressing tables...hhhmmm yes that might be me... 

















(my instagram images from the book)

The book is available from Amazon and is a feast of beautiful photography and interesting text.

Hope you're enjoying your day...

Sharon
xxx






















5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    This looks like a wonderful book.
    It makes old English homes look so comfortable and homely. Do you think it's the use of colour, or the fact that everything looks perfectly imperfect?
    I'll be looking out for this when I'm next in the book shop.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend,
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encantan esas casas que se ve que vive gente y las disfruta. En donde no todo es perfecto y con un poco de desorden . En donde hay vida
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, a home needs to look lived in, not look like a show house in a magazine! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Como deve ser bom morar pertinho do mar!
    Sharon, adorei as imagens e vou lá conhecer o blog do Ben, obrigada por compartilhar.
    Bjos.
    Sílvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy thanks Silvia, and glad you found Ben's blog! Happy weekend! Sharon x

      Delete

I love reading your lovely comments, so please go ahead and leave me a message